The Banatao Family Filipino American Education Fund will award five scholarships of $5,000 to qualified incoming freshman enrolled at four-year colleges or universities. Each scholarship is renewable for a total of four years on the basis of satisfactory academic performance in a full-time undergraduate program. Awards are for undergraduate study only.
– Number of awards: 5
– Amount: $5,000 (annual award)
– Renewable? Yes
– Total award: $20,000
– Benefactors: The Family of Dado and Maria Banatao
– Grade level: Incoming freshman enrolled full-time at an accredited four year-college or university during the upcoming school year
– Minimum GPA: 3.0
– Career: engineering, physical or biological sciences (excluding healthcare professions, such as nurse, physician, etc.)
– Ethnic heritage: Filipino heritage (at least 50%)
– Financial need
– Northern California counties: Alameda, Contra Costa, Marin, Merced, Monterey, Napa, Sacramento, San Benito, San Francisco, San Joaquin, San Mateo, Santa Clara, Santa Cruz, Solano, Sonoma or Stanislaus
– Southern California counties: Los Angeles, Orange or San Diego.
– The online application (click here for more info) must be submitted by March 17th.