Nothing angers me more than when I see all these images online degrading Filipinas and all of you know what I’m talking about. Many of my posts this past year were about trying to empower Pinays and combat the stereotypes of Filipinas in mainstream media. That’s why I was glad I found out about FilipinaImages.com from a friend’s blog. The Filipina Images was created to sustain the Filipina Image Online Campaign. To learn more about how you can join this campaign to reshape the Filipina image please refer to the following.
The word “Filipina” on the internet showcases websites that are top-heavy on her physical attributes, dating availability, or marriage suitability. What’s wrong with this picture? Nothing and everything.
If you google or yahoo search the word, “Indian,” there is no reference to an Indian woman in the first 10 results. Likewise with the word, “American” or “Russian.” No woman-related entry either. Type “Filipino.” Chances are that the prominent entry you will find on the first page showcases the keywords, “Filipino girls, Filipina dating, Philippine women.” Search for “Filipina.” You’ll most likely notice that six out of 10 sites are NOT devoted to the advancement and accomplishments of the Filipina.
To understand the origins and history of the Filipina Image Online Campaign, read more…
1. How did the current Filipina Campaign Start?
2. A Closure, A New Beginning–Reshaping the Online and Sexy Filipina Image
3. How to Sustain the Filipina Woman’s Image Online Campaign in 3 Easy Steps
4. The Filipina and Yan ang Pinay by Vonjobi (May 31, 2005)
5. Filipina and Philippines by Marc Macalua (December 16, 2004)
6. Other sites are New Filipina and the Fabulous Filipina Presence (before 2004)
To post in this Site
2. Start posting your entry. You can either post an original entry here or a snippet of an existing entry with a link for the continuation to your blog entry.
3. If you are a new user, your membership will be activated within 24 hours then your entry will be published.
Please join our campaign.
Thank you for dropping by.